Wednesday, October 14, 2009

BAH! Red Flag or Career Part Two

I received a second accented call the following week.  This time a voice that sounded very much like the first gave me the same routine.  This time however he seemed to have his act together.  I learned he had gotten my name and number from CareerBuilder but since I had long ago dropped using that service I couldn't tell if he was following up or whether he had ripped off the contact.  I certainly did not remember putting in an application to be a insurance salesman.


This time he revealed that the company wanted me to come in for a job interview Wednesday at 10 a.m. in the suburb of Middleburg Heights.  Red Flags on Red Alert I still agreed .... amybe I thought it would make an interesting blog entry at the very least.  Besides maybe the needed a media guy or something.  


So I set up a calendar alert and forgot all about it.  Yes, I knew it sounded like a come-on ... similar to buying a timeshare or winning a cruise offered by a resort.  I could always change my mind?  Or could I.  You wanna know what happened when Wednesday rolled around?



No comments: