Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Blacks Against Hypocrisy--Michael Jackson

(Click New Post at top of blog to respond)

I am watching the Michael Jackson memorial on CNN. It is a global event. Every angle covered.
I'm searching my own memories, my visual cues, my emotional touchstones.
He is still alive, still the engenue genius.

He is also the metaphor for ambivalent blackness in intransigent white America.
He is Batman in reverse. Black on the inside, White on the outside.
It didn't matter for many ... one way or the other ... it didn't matter.


But in the final analysis ... the Music is What it Is. It conveyed the lyrics of his life.
It buoyed the lachrymose of life. He escaped my own existence ... what I mean
He lifted me from the moment. ...to a place he prepared ... from music he made ...
from a muse he didn't know. Maybe the music was Michael and Michael was music.


No comments: